It would be difficult to find someone who hasn’t googled an embarrassing question. But, did you know? That data is stored in our digital footprint, and can say a lot about human behaviour. In Seth Stephens-Davidwitz book “Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data and What the Internet Can Tell Us about Who We Really Are”, Stephens-Davidwitz dives into the world of big data and online activity.
Some questions to get you started
- What’s your perspective on big data?
- Would you dare the share the last thing you Googled?
- Do you think how people represent themselves and what they search for on the internet are intrinsically different?
- How can we as PR people tap into this to help build mutually beneficial relationships?
- What are the ethical implications of tapping into search engine metrics?