To be eligible for membership in the Canadian Public Relations Society, applicants must
- devote most of their work-for-pay time to the practice of public relations;
- have a degree in public relations; or
- be a career teacher or administer engaged in public relations/communications education at an accredited post secondary institution.
Eligibility requirements are fully described in part 4 of the CPRS National Society Bylaws.
Accredited CPRS Members have met high standards in experience, character and reputation in the field of public relations. They are entitled to use the designation APR (Accredited Public Relations). These members have a minimum of five years experience in full-time public relations and have passed a work sample, and written and oral examinations conducted by the CPRS National Council on Accreditation. Learn more about accreditation.
Life Members are honoured by their Member Society for their outstanding contribution both to public relations and the Society. They are entitled to use LM after their name. Please email the CPRS Calgary Membership Chair for more information on nominating a colleague for life membership.
CPRS Calgary Life Members
- David Annesley, APR LM
- Don Boynton, APR LM
- John Francis, APR, FCPRS(H) LM
- Judi Gunter, APR, FCPRS LM
- David McAsey, APR, FCPRS(H) LM
- Gordon McCann, APR LM
- Jim Osborne, APR LM
- Maureen Payne, APR, FCPRS LM
- Beverly Reynolds, APR LM
- Janice Robertson, APR LM
- Gay Robinson, APR LM
- Janet Rowley, APR LM
The Society established and maintains a College of Fellows to honour its senior practitioners who have made significant contributions to the profession of public relations as it is practiced in Canada. Each Fellow is accredited and has 20 years or more experience in the field. As individuals, they have each demonstrated superior capability as practitioners, exhibit personal and professional qualities that serve as role models for other practitioners, and have advanced the state of the profession in their community and across Canada. Visit the CPRS National website for submission requirements.
CPRS Calgary Fellows
- Nancy H. Arab APR, FCPRS
- Alan Clay APR, FCPRS
- Judi Gunter APR, FCPRS LM
- Colleen Killingsworth APR, FCPRS
- Maureen Payne APR, FCPRS LM
CPRS Calgary Honourary Fellows
- John Francis APR, FCPRS(H) LM
- David McAsey APR, FCPRS(H) LM
- Jim Osborne APR, FCPRS(H) LM
Individual Members are those members located at a considerable distance from a Member society, the geographic area for which is established by the Board of Directors, or who live outside Canada, and who meet the requirements of eligibility.