Join the 2019/2020 Mentorship Program
CPRS Calgary invites you to participate in the 2019/2020 mentorship program. This program will provide an opportunity for students or new practitioners to connect and engage with established public relations practitioners to help them navigate the PR industry in Calgary.
The mentorship program is a premier platform for new and experienced practitioners mentors to to develop strong relationships and connections within the PR community in Calgary. The program encourages knowledge and information sharing, providing advice and counsel, resumé building and interview guidance. A mentor can answer questions about your career path, how to navigate workplace politics or simply to discuss PR issues that are of interest to both of you. At the same time, a mentee can provide a different perspective, a window into the mind of the next generation and someone to bounce ideas off of. It’s a win-win!
What’s in it for a mentor?
- Give back to the profession/share your experience with up-and-coming practitioners
- Learn more about new technologies/strategies from graduating students
- Receive accreditation maintenance points (worth one maintenance point/year)
What’s in it for a mentee?
- Credible references to add to your resumé
- Establish a strong meaningful connection with a senior practitioner that will last a lifetime
- Learn about the PR industry from someone who’s been there
What’s the time commitment?
The minimum requirement is one face-to-face meeting per month and at least one phone call and/or email each month from both parties. There will also be two networking events throughout the term and a few checkpoint meetings with the mentorship coordinator. However, how much time you and your mentee decide to commit to the partnership is completely up to you.
I’m interested! Now what?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you’re interested. Don’t wait! The deadline for applications is October 31, 2019.