In support of public health guidelines and with the health of our members and community in mind, CPRS Calgary will be holding off on any in-person PD sessions until further notice. As a service to members, we’ve also compiled a list of COVID-19 resources for communicators.
We hope these resources will help you keep up to date and occupied during this difficult time when so many of us are self-isolating. Be safe. Take care of yourself and your loved ones. Your PR community is thinking of you.
Online Professional Development Resources
Just because we aren’t able to get together in person to share experiences and expertise, that doesn’t mean you can’t continue to expand your PR and communications knowledge. In lieu of local, in-person events, we invite any members looking for professional development opportunities to take advantage of the large store of free, on-demand webinars and other resources available in the members learning section of CPRS.ca. This impressive collection includes handy resources such as a Crisis Communications Checklist; crisis communications case studies; a range of offerings from the CPRS Health Academy; a webinar on Public Relations in the CASL Era; and much, much more.
It’s all included with your annual CPRS membership. If your membership has recently expired, you can simply login and renew online. If it’s been a while since you’ve renewed, you can click the Join button and complete the process that way.
COVID-19 Resource Links
As we navigate the uncertain waters of COVID -19, CPRS will be compiling a growing repository of information and resources to assist our members with their communications efforts.
- PRSA Health Academy’s INFOdemicRx Infographic – Download and share PRSA’s prescription for dealing with information overload.
- Communicating about Coronavirus LinkedIn Group
- IPREX’s Communications Tips for Stakeholders Concerned About the Coronavirus, by David Eisenstadt, APR, FCPRS LM (tcgpr) and Carol Merry (Fahlgren Mortine)
- Ragan and PR Daily’s Crisis Communications Virtual Conference: Managing Communications through the Coronavirus (March 31, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. ET)
- KWT Global – Pro-Bono COVID 19 Communications Support to Nonprofit Organizations
- NATIONAL launches coronavirus crisis communications team
- Klick Health’s COVID – 19 Rapid Response Kit
- You’re Not Ready – 10 tips to prepare your municipality for emergency communications, by Tim Conrad, APR and Emily Epp
- Unicepta Coronavirus Daily Media Round-Up
- Prepare | Execute | Follow-up – Ebook ft. tips for organizing and leading a meeting, gathering or workshop online
- 9 work-from-home tips in the era of ‘social distancing’
- Managing the Stress and Uncertainty of Coronavirus (podcast)