Calling all CPRS Calgary members! Your Chapter needs you!
The old saying “you get out what you put in” is absolutely true!
Whether you are a senior practitioner, mid-career, or just starting out in PR, being part of the CPRS Calgary Board gives you the opportunity to maximize your return on your membership while helping to shape our organization to better meet the needs of Calgary PR professionals now and into the future.
How can you help?
There are plenty of ways to help! You can take on a specific Board role, or you can volunteer in a supportive role to one of our current Board portfolio chairs such as Program and PD, Events, Accreditation, or Communications.
If you’re looking for a leadership role, we are currently looking to fill some key Board positions such as Secretary and Sponsorship Chair. These two roles have a specific set of duties as prescribed in CPRS Calgary’s operating procedures. Each role typically requires a minimum time commitment ranging from 4 to 8 hours per month, depending on various initiatives that may be taking place at any given time. Both roles will work closely with our CPRS Calgary President, Past President, and Treasurer to support Board administrative and financial goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Shape the offerings and value that CPRS Calgary provides to members like you.
- Gain leadership experience.
- Build relationships with some established PR and communications practitioners on the Board and committees.
- Share best practices and learn from fellow PR pro’s.
- Work – and have a lot of fun – with a group of people who are passionate about PR and about our Society.
All CPRS Calgary members in good standing are eligible to apply. If you are interested in helping us shape the future of CPRS Calgary, contact Gordon Hawker, APR.