Board Nominations Are Open for 2021-22.
The old saying “you get what you give” is absolutely true! The people who are most active in their professional association are the ones who get the most value from their membership. And one of the most rewarding ways to get more out is by giving your time and talents as a Board member.
CPRS Calgary is committed to Inclusion and Diversity and is looking for representation from diverse voices on the Board. All CPRS Calgary members in good standing are encouraged to step forward. Whether you are a senior practitioner, mid-career, or just starting out in PR, being part of the CPRS Calgary Board gives you the opportunity to maximize your return on your membership while helping to shape our organization to better meet the needs of Calgary PR and communications professionals now and into the future.
How can you help?
There are plenty of ways to help! You can take on a specific Board role, or you can volunteer in a supportive role to one of our current Board portfolio chairs such as Program and PD, Events, Accreditation, or Communications. Roles typically require a minimum time commitment ranging from 4 to 8 hours per month, depending on various initiatives that may be taking place at any given time.
If you’re looking for a leadership role, potential positions include Membership, Finance/Treasurer, Director-at-Large, and other potential positions.
What’s in it for you?
- Shape the offerings and value that CPRS Calgary provides to members like you.
- Gain leadership experience.
- Build relationships with some established PR and communications practitioners on the Board and committees.
- Share best practices and learn from fellow PR pro’s.
- Work – and have a lot of fun – with a group of people who are passionate about PR, communications, and our CPRS.
If you are interested in helping us shape the future of CPRS Calgary, contact Gordon Hawker, APR.