CPRS Calgary is proud of our successful mentorship program that pairs a recent graduate or current student from a public relations or communication program with a CPRS member.
For the current program year, the mentorship program started in December 2012 and will run until June 2013. The mentors and their mentees meet throughout the winter and spring in one-on-one meetings and once or twice at a meeting with the entire group of mentors and mentees.
- Mentor/mentee to meet once per month in person.
- Topics can be arranged in advance or meetings can be more freewheeling.
- Venue could be a coffee shop, office, before/after CPRS events, etc. Skype is also an option for "face-to-face" contact.
- At least one phone call or email per month – each way.
As a mentee, you will reap significant benefit from this program, including:
- Learn from the experience and expertise of seasoned professionals
- Have a sounding board for projects, presentations, resumes, interviews, etc.
- Network with professionals in Calgary's PR industry
As a mentor, you receive a number of benefits, including the opportunity to:
- Receive accreditation maintenance points (worth one maintenance point/year)
- Give back to the profession/share your experiences with up-and-coming practitioners
- Learn more about new technologies and techniques from graduating students
We are currently looking for public relations practitioners who are interested in becoming mentors for the 2013/2014 program year. For more information, please contact our CPRS Calgary Mentorship and Education Chair.