//Career & Volunteer Opportunities
Closing: Aug 18, 2017
Communica: Advisor, Stakeholder Engagement, Communications
Advisor, Stakeholder Engagement, Communication
Communica is Western Canada’s largest Indigenous and stakeholder engagement specialist consulting firm. Headquartered in Calgary with an office in Vancouver, Communica’s services concentrate on four core pillars of expertise: Indigenous engagement, stakeholder engagement, communications and stakeholder information management. Our work is guided by the belief that authentic, open and transparent engagement leads to better decision-making and builds mutual respect and trust with stakeholders and Indigenous communities.
Who we are looking for
Communica is looking for a high-energy, enthusiastic professional to join our team as Advisor, Stakeholder Engagement and Communications. This person is passionate about stakeholder engagement and communications and stays abreast of trends and best practices.
As part of the Communica stakeholder engagement and communication team, you will work collaboratively to provide advice, counsel and create plans and tools to our clients to help them meet their project objectives. You will be called upon to help plan and implement external communication and engagement programs for some of Canada’s largest businesses.
Reports to: Manager, Engagement and Communication
Key responsibilities include:
·Providing support in the creation of strategies, plans and communication materials for engagement activities or regulatory consultation.
- Research, writing and editing material for internal and external audiences including newsletters, briefing memos, factsheets, reports, social media, blogs, website content, etc.
- Proactive monitoring of competitor, community and political issues through social and traditional media and support in developing strategies on how to address them.
- Supporting clients with community focused research to identify past and present issues, and to support a better understanding of unique aspects of different communities.
- Coordination of special events logistics, including open houses, meetings and workshops with multiple stakeholder groups for various projects.
- Maintaining quality control and consistency of consultation records, meeting notes and other documents.
- Providing logistical support to clients as required including meeting bookings, note taking.
- Participation in and represent the company at networking events and conferences, as required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Given the role this individual will play in Communica’s future growth and success, it is essential that the successful candidate possess the following education, experience and personal characteristics:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism, social sciences, public policy or related field.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in environmental assessments for project development and community engagement.
- An understanding of communities and stakeholders throughout Alberta and the issues that affect them.
- Demonstrated event planning experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate smart and sometimes complex solutions or technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong ability to research and analyze content.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Experience in the power and utilities sector would be considered and asset.
- Understanding of Adobe Suite, Wordpress and social media tools would be considered an asset.
- Membership in CPRS, IABC or IAP2 would be an asset.
- Driven and motivated individual who naturally takes responsibility for achieving results.
- Self-directed and capable of working within a continuously changing environment. · Strategic thinker with developed problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple client tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to produce deliverables within hour-based timeframes to ensure projects stay on budget.
- Attention to detail even under tight timelines.
- Avoids silo thinking and prioritizes the overall organization’s success.
- A team player who demonstrates respect and collaboration with colleagues at all levels.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com by August 18, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working with Communica.