//Career & Volunteer Opportunities
Closing: Aug 18, 2017
AHS- Director – Communications (South Zone)
Director – Communications (South Zone)
Requisition #: 455429
Location: Negotiable within Alberta
Employee Class: Regular Full-Time
We’re looking for a senior communicator who wants to apply their passion for communications and their skills and leadership abilities to benefit the employees and stakeholders of Alberta Health Services in their community and their region.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Community Engagement and Communications, the Director, Communications (South Zone) holds regional communications leadership responsibilities and is a key member of the South Zone’s overall leadership team as well as the Communications leadership team. Ideally, the position will be based in either Medicine Hat or Lethbridge, however, this is negotiable.
The Director is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating the communications strategy and activities in their zone in support of the overall mission, vision and strategic goals of Alberta Health Services. Reporting to the Director are two communications advisors who help bring the strategy to life.
This communications leader is accountable for the full range of communications including strategic communications planning, media relations, issues management, employee communications, marketing, community relations support, leadership communications and advertising.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism or a directly related degree, with a Master’s degree qualification highly desirable.
• At least 10 years of senior communications experience, at least five of it at a leadership level in a complex, geographically diverse organization (public or private sector).
• A communications generalist with strengths in media and issues, as well as demonstrated abilities in leadership and employee communications.
• Health care experience is an asset.
• Professional accreditation (ABC or APR) desirable.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Kathy Board at Kathy.Board@ahs.ca