//Career & Volunteer Opportunities
Closing: Jul 28, 2017
CP- Media Relations Advisor
Media Relations Advisor – Calgary (Fixed Term)
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
CP’s Public Affairs and Communications department is looking for a Media Relations Advisor on a oneyear contract to join our high-performing and dynamic team responsible for internal and external communications, marketing and brand, digital and social media, sponsorship and community investment. The successful candidate will be integral in telling CP’s story to external audiences.
- Produce daily media scan
- Proactive and reactive media relations, media monitoring and key message preparation;
- Company spokesperson for regional media in communities across Canada and supports Director with media in primary hubs as required;
- Support proactive media communications, write press releases, communications plans and other materials required as assigned by Director, Media Relations;
- Respond to emerging issues, prepare key messages, speaking notes, Q&As, and implement the appropriate external communications strategies;
- Assist in development, implementation and evaluation of communication and media relations initiatives, strategies and tactics in Canada;
- Participate in media promotions and plan development for large events and projects related to CP assets such as the CP Holiday Train;
- Work closely with Community Relations and Government Affairs teams.
- Post-secondary education in journalism, public relations or communications;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong understanding of Canadian media, media relations and community relations;
- Attention to detail and pride in craftsmanship;
- Ability to function in high-pressure situations and be available outside regular working hours as needed; · Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team;
- Proficiency with news release wire services, media monitoring software and Microsoft Office.
- This position requires ability to respond 24/7 to media monitoring and crisis communication;
Please note that only those applicants that apply online at www.cpr.ca/en/careers/ to Requisition number 59545 by August 15, 2017 will be considered for this position.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").